PDF version available here.
- Bachelor of Journalism, University of Texas at Austin
- Graduation date: May 2018
- Minor in Astronomy
- GPA: 3.60
- News Staff Writer, The Horn (Spring 2015)
- Wrote for the news section of The Horn, an online news publication covering the University of Texas and the city of Austin.
- Science & Technology Reporter, The Daily Texan (Spring 2016-Fall 2016)
- Wrote for the Science & Technology section of The Daily Texan, the student-run newspaper covering the University of Texas at Austin.
- Science & Technology Associate Editor, The Daily Texan (Spring 2017-Summer 2017)
- Edited staff reporters’ stories for the science & technology department of The Daily Texan and assisted the editor with department leadership duties, as well as wrote articles periodically.
- Science & Technology Editor, The Daily Texan (Fall 2017-Present)
- Edited staff reporters’ stories for the science & technology department of The Daily Texan and managed the department by choosing stories and assisting reporters.
- Social Media & Writing Intern, University of Texas Department of Computer Science (Fall 2016-Present)
Managed Twitter and Facebook accounts and launched an Instagram account for the University of Texas Department of Computer Science, as well as wrote feature stories and press releases for the department.
Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in news, feature, technical and science writing
- Knowledge of science, especially physics and astronomy
- Shooting and editing photographs and video
- Social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Basic programming in HTML, CSS, Swift and Python
- Experience in finding, using and reporting with data
- Public Relations officer, Society of Professional Journalists (Fall 2015-Spring 2016)
- Created promotional content to advertise events for the UT Austin student chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
- Historian, Longhorn Cosplay (Fall 2015-Spring 2017)
- Took pictures and wrote social media posts on Facebook for Longhorn Cosplay (formerly Texas Sfx), a student costuming and makeup effects organization.
Last updated March 1, 2018.